Tuesday 5 July 2011

Believe In Your Dreams

"Take a look at yourself in a mirror,
who do you see looking back?
Is it the person you want to be?
Or is there someone else you were meant to be,
the person you should have been but fell short of?
Is someone telling you 'can't' or 'won't'?
Because you can.
Believe that love is out there.
Believe that dreams come true everyday.
Because they do.
Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money, fame or power.
Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family
And from the quiet nobility of leading a good life.
Believe that dreams come true everyday,
Because they do.
So take a look at the mirror and remind yourself to be happy
Because you deserve to be.
Believe that.
And believe that dreams come true everyday, because they do"

- Quote from "One Tree Hill"
This is one of my favourite quotes to read when I'm feeling down or close to giving up on something because I don't believe in myself. This quote shows me that I should believe in myself because dreams do become reality.

I have been thinking about what to write for a while now. Suddenly I realised "wait a moment, my dreams came true". Like most people reading this pose, I am very into my music, specifically those songs that tell a story. You know, the songs that have depth and soul within the lyrics. So like most people, I have a favourite band and it's the type of thing where you know all the songs and all the lyrics. It is not a very well known band, but it just so happens that they had a tour in my country and i was fortunate enough to see them. Not only that, but I was fortunate enough to meet them as well as speak and have a photo with them. To most people, this may seem like quite a weird situation to equate as a dream. But to be able to see this band play live and feel the soul in their music reminded me just how much I miss music. Just how much I miss playing the piano and guitar and writing songs. It reminded me how wrapped up I was in my goal to advance in my career that I had forgotten the very essence of what I truly love. Not only did I realise how much I missed music, I realised how lucky I was to be someone who managed to meet their favourite band. This doesn't happen very often. It felt as if the universe had aligned everything to occur for it happen.

The point of this post is not to tell you about my experience. The point is to show you that maybe your band is something else and that the universe is getting ready to align everything in order for you to confront your dream. It is about realising what your dream is and to pursue it. It is important to shed all those around you that underestimate your ability to succeed at whatever you wish to succeed at. Sometimes being alone means that you need to work on yourself before you cross paths with 'the one'. Don't stop believing that someone is out there for you because they are. Don't stop believing in your dreams because you can do whatever you put your mind to. Dont stop believing in yourself, because you deserve to be happy and you deserve for your dreams to come true. I hope that after reading this, you feel inspired and ready to conquer whatever challenge may face you. The world will stand aside for a person who knows where they are going.

The Script
The band I was fortunate enough to see live and meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment